OUR PROFESSIONAL AND CERTIFIED TRAINERS:
Henry Tobey, Ph.D
Executive Director, VitalHearts
• Has led STRT over 115 times for over 2300 professionals
• Trauma psychologist, 30 year experience
• Psychotherapy practice: Colorado Psychological Resources, PC
• Earlier in his career, police psychologist, forensic psychologist, hospital administrator.
• Taught his dog to play tic-tac-toe. Dog never loses.
Elena Davis, LCSW
• Private psychotherapy practice ten years
• Primary Care Liaison for Arapahoe/Douglas Mental Health Network
• Twenty years’ experience including community mental health, palliative care and hospice, animal-assisted therapy, victim rights and empowerment, vocational rehabilitation, and residential treatment.
Mary Pat DeWald, APRN-BC, MSN, MPA
Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
Forensic Clinical Nurse Specialist
• Mental Health and Wellness Consulting
• 2006 Nightingale Finalist
• Consultant, Clinician, Educator and Entrepreneur
• C-Sane Consulting, LLC, Nightingale Center for Human Caring
• Lives Life with Purpose and Passion
Lauren Kindscher Jensen, LCSW
University Counselor and Outreach Coordinator at the Colorado School of Mines
• Previously: Behavioral Health Professional and Project Manager with Clinica Family Health, Counselor and Community Organizer with Project WISE, and Child Advocate and Forensic Interviewer at NWA's CAC
• First Job: Roller skating Sonic carhop. Never dropped a tray.
Zina A. Mercil, MA, LPC, R-DMT
Body-Based Trauma-Informed Therapist
Counselor and Registered Dance/Movement Therapist at The Exclusive Addiction Treatment Center in Hawaii
• Specializes in secondary trauma, burnout and self-care for professionals, particularly in the treatment of trauma, mental illness, and addiction
• Loves squirrels, glitter, and the color orange… but not at the same time.
MA, LPC, NCC
Clinical Case Manager / Therapist for Colorado Coalition for the Homeless’ Family Support Services
• Actor, Director, Theater Teacher in Denver and previously in the Czech Republic
• Moved from portraying trauma on stage to the mental health field; now helps folks resolve traumas in real life, while still adoring the power of theater.
RN, BSN, CEN
ED/Critical Care RN, HCA Healthcare
• 20 years of experience working various roles in the emergency department which has fostered a passion for First Responder resiliency, self-care, and prevention of violence against caregivers.
• Trained in crisis defusing and debriefing for critical incidents, as well as emotional and spiritual care in disasters.
• I love traveling, spending time outdoors with my family, and adore my English bulldog named Phyllis
Erika Croswhite, MA, CCLS
Child Life Manager, Child Life Specialist at Denver Health
• Master’s degree in educational psychology, studying how children think and learn
• Over 18 years of experience supporting acutely, chronically, and terminally ill hospitalized children and their families
• Life passion- to raise healthy, fulfilled children and positively influence the lives of children with whom I work!
• I am a joy-filled adventure seeker, fitness instructor, optimist, teacher, playmaker, and light shiner!
Catherine Maskell, MSN, ACNP-BC, AOCNP
Oncology Nurse Practitioner
• 10 years experience in Oncology Advance Practice Nursing with a specialty in chemotherapy/immunotherapy side effect management and treatment education.
• Supports patients through diagnosis, treatment, post-treatment, as well as end of life decision-making.
• Passionate about cultivating resiliency in my profession.
• Holds the title “professional chaos coordinator” with my young children!
Development Director & Training Coordinator, VitalHearts
• Avid supporter of the Secondary Trauma Resiliency Training since 1999.
• Previously, Operations Manager for wellness center, Massage Specialists and Office Manger for mental health center, Neuro-Therapy Clinic.
• Passion: Making driftwood jewelry salvaged from world-wide shores!